Tuesday 12 May 2015

Hair Adornment of Orang Asli Women



Hi all!
Last time, when we went to Muzium Orang Asli, I was very spellbound with some of their crafts. I think they are so creative even they live in the jungle. The craft that intrigue me is the women adornment like hair pin. Even though they live in jungle, the interest for women to wear adornment is still there. They still want to look beautiful in their own way. I really adore the hair pin because it looks so traditional and interestingly it is hand –crafted. Actually, I always get amazed by hand-crafted things because they look so original and stunning.

There are 3 different hair adornment that I saw there. They belong to different ethnic of Orang Asli. however, all of them are made from same material - bamboo. Here are the pictures:


Hair adornment for Negrito and Senoi women

Hair Pin for Negrito and Senoi women

Hair adornment for Temiar women
Prepared by: Nur Asyitah Idris 1213626

No comments:

Post a Comment